SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF CLASSIFICATION:
The Transportation Scheduler is responsible for all daily transportation operations, including scheduling of personnel, bus stop assignments, tracking physicals, overseeing drug testing, and all associated state required record keeping.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for responding to after-hours emergency calls or call-outs
- Directs and schedules all daily transportation operations
- Approves all transportation time-off requests
- Tracks all driver work hours and assists with payroll submission
- Helps interview all new bus drivers
- Oversees all transportation safety training
- Manages random alcohol and drug testing program
- Coordinates transportation for extracurricular activities and special programs
- Schedules all maintenance of Cape vehicles with the Town Garage
- Manages state-mandated school bus inspections
- Assists with the transportation budget preparation
- Keeps MSDS/SDS records for all town buildings
- Performs related secretarial work as needed within the FTD office
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION STANDARDS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to oversee operations of a large fleet of vehicles
- Thorough knowledge of the operation of pupil transportation routing software
- Excellent human relations and oral/written communications skills
- Ability to respond to urgent work requirements at any time, and willing to work irregular hours during emergencies
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Knowledge of safety standards, laws, codes, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures relating to pupil transportation.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of pupil transportation planning, scheduling and route development.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of vehicle maintenance and related safety and legal standards.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, transmit safe driving and preventative maintenance practices.
- Skills and ability in organization, time management, task prioritization and recordkeeping.
- Ability to work well under pressure and use sound judgment, including appropriate handling of confidential matters.
- Ability to facilitate and promote conflict resolution.
- Ability to interact positively and effectively with, students, staff, and administrators.
- Ability to use computers and/or electronic equipment to fulfill job functions.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Possess a Maine State Driver’s License
- Minimum of 3 years experience in public school transportation
- Resident of Cape Elizabeth and/or strong familiarity with the roads within the community preferred.
- 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM (1 hour lunch)
Facilities and Transportation Director
Application Instructions: Cape Elizabeth Schools will not accept paper applications or supporting materials. All applications and supporting materials are to be completed via Frontline Recruiting & Hiring (formerly Applitrack) at https://www.cape.k12.me.us/o/cesd/page/job-openings--105 and include: completed application, cover letter specific to posted position, current resume; three letters of recommendation, and copy of current CHRC approval.
Application Deadline: when a suitable candidate is found
Application materials should be directed to:
Perry J Schwarz
Director of Facilities & Transportation
Cape Elizabeth Schools
320 Ocean House Road
Cape Elizabeth ME 04107
For more information about Maine's Criminal History Records Check process, please visit the Maine DOE online fingerprint registration site or call the Maine Certification Office at 207-624-6603.