The Children’s Schoolhouse, in Bath, is looking for a new lead teacher to work with children ages 2 1/2 to 5. We are in our 18th year of business and partners in the RSU 1 collaborative public preschool. Our motto is to “Love yourself, love each other, love the Earth”, and we look forward to hearing from teachers who find inspiration in this. Our staff tends to be with us for many years, and only tend to move on when their lives lead them in a new direction.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Education and Experience in Early Childhood Education
- Pediatric First Aid/ CPR training.
- Strong writing skills and ability to participate in the documentation process.
- Be familiar with Creative Curriculum, MELDS, NAEYC and on the MRTQ Registry.
- Must enjoy working as a team member in a creative and collaborative setting, ability to help maintain children’s/classroom and program portfolios and be prepared to help with regular daily cleaning.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all constituencies, including families, co-workers, board members etc.
- Commitment to participating in monthly staff meetings, after hours, but paid.
- A competitive rate of pay, commensurate with experience/skills.
- Paid sick days, paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement for college level courses (50%) and/or paid trainings and hours time for training time.
- After first year we pay school vacations (during the time of RSU 1 vacations) Work opportunities for unpaid vacations.
- A wonderful work environment, where staff are respected, valued and supported in their commitment quality early childhood education.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and 3 letters of reference to:
223 North St.
Bath, Maine 04530
207 443 4771