Cranberry Isles Schools
K-8 Classroom Teacher
Qualifications: Certification as an Elementary Teacher, Maine Teaching Certificate 020Reports To: Principal Job Goal:
Responsible for instructing students in a small, two-room schoolhouse, from grades K-8. Creates lesson plans, administers praise and feedback, uses the Cranberry Isles School curriculum to implement a well-rounded, comprehensive instructional program. Upholds the mission of AOS 91to prepare students to become:
- Clear and Effective Communicators who construct and convey meaning for a variety of purposes and through a variety of modes.
- Self-Directed Learners who understand the importance of embracing and nurturing continuous intellectual growth and curiosity.
- Creative and Practical Problem Solvers who are skilled at gathering information, analyzing and evaluating data, applying knowledge and assessing evidence in order to persist in problem solving, create solutions and/or deepen understanding
- Responsible and Involved Citizens who acknowledge, and respond actively and constructively to the diversity, complexity and dynamic nature of our community and our world.
- Integrative and Informed Thinkers who are skilled at using complex reasoning, making important connections and formulating and answering thoughtful questions.
Teaching and Learning
- Teach core subjects and groupings of students as determined by the principal and teaching team.
- Create instructional resources and lesson plans for use in the classroom as well as utilizing core curriculum components.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
- Create a positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet school-wide student performance goals.
- Collect a body of evidence of student work for each foundation standard and keep appropriate records and required documentation (e.g. attendance).
- Evaluate student work using a proficiency based scale.
- Utilize place based and project-based learning in social studies and science.
- Utilize curricula that reflect diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds.
- Develop and implement a positive behavior management plan.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
- Identifies students’ needs and follows the Response to Intervention plan for students below grade level.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Maintain professional competence through continuing education.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and professional development.
- Prepare and distribute required reports.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with other members of the teaching team
- Communicate regularly with parents through classroom newsletters, calendars, announcements, individual contact and biannual conferences.
- Participate in the district’s Professional Growth cycle.
- Administer standardized tests in accordance with district and state guidelines.
- Create an attractive and organized learning space for students.
- Follow the financial procedures of the school as applicable.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Relocation to Great Cranberry or Islesford.
- Willingness to participate in The Outer Island Teaching and Learning Collaborative
- Flexible and creative team player
To apply, scan cover letter, resume, transcripts, Maine State Certification, and completed application (found at www.mdirss.org/employment) as a single PDF document and send to email@example.com.
Contact Hayley Fenton with any questions.
Hayley Fenton, PrincipalCranberry Isles School244-3961 / 812-6835
Accepting applications until a suitable candidate is found.