To Apply: www.lewistonpublicschools.org
Gaps in employment
3 Letters of reference
Internal Candidates please provide a letter of interest and a resume.
Salary: $49,981 - $59,098
SUMMARY: To provide support, information, resources and guidance on a range of opportunities to students and program advisors within Androscoggin County in order to raise the aspirations and post-secondary success of students.
One Year Grant Funded Position, with the possibility of additional funding
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify and maintain information on community resources that are available to assist with overcoming student barriers in support of future aspirations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on the wide range of educational and career-related opportunities available to adult learners in our region.
- Develop cooperative working relationships with community partners (Adult Education, Higher Education and other training partners, as well as Career Center and WIOA partners) to help candidates succeed in attaining training and employment goals.
- Work with students and advisors to offer information, advice, guidance and support to address barriers and facilitate access to available post-secondary, training or employment opportunities and pathways.
- Conduct follow-up with students as needed to monitor and encourage persistence.
- Establish and conduct regular meetings with program staff/advisors to share information, collaborate and discuss needs.
- Arrange PD on an established schedule.
- Participate on workforce committees; other meetings and events as appropriate
- Maintain participation data in order to report out as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree, experience with student advising or aspiration navigation, or at least 2 years of relevant experience. Industry recognized certifications a plus.
- Experience working with people of diverse cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Sets an example of professionalism.
- Self-starter with the initiative to plan, coordinate and facilitate career-related activities and professional development.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize time-sensitive projects.
- Sensitivity and commitment to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion.
- Computer proficient.
- Travel required.