The Brewer School Department is accepting applications for a Special Education Teacher long-term substitute position at Brewer Community School, to provide specially designed instruction, consultation services and case management of Individual Education Programs for students in grades 5-8.
Preferred candidates will demonstrate the following:
- State of Maine Special Education Certification (or eligible for 282) and Criminal History Record Check
- Knowledge of state and federal special education regulations and IEP procedures
- Knowledge of proficiency based educational practices
- Ability to plan general and specially designed instruction and assessments to align with IEP goals and targeted standards
- Experience completing and interpreting special education academic evaluations and screening procedures, and ability to interpret psycho-educational evaluations
- Experience integrating technology into instruction to meet various student needs
- Experience designing curriculum for academic and social skills instruction
- Experience designing and implementing positive behavior intervention plans, as well as collecting and analyzing subsequent data
- Ability to deliver small group, and/or co-taught, instruction
- Experience consulting with specialists, and facilitating skill development across educational settings
- Ability to coordinate, lead and facilitate IEP meetings, and to complete necessary paperwork
- Flexibility, effective oral and written communication, time management, organization, and record keeping skills
- Knowledge of various disabilities that may impact academic and/or functional performance
- Experience supervising education technicians, scheduling staff, and overseeing assignments
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
Applications are available from the superintendent office at 207-989-3160 office hours 8:00 am - 4:00 pm or download from our website www.breweredu.org .