- Develops, oversees and manages day-to-day operations of educational programs and services
- Plans, develops and implements functions related to curriculum, instruction and staff development
- Oversees the development and implementation of instructional programs
- Oversees for and writes grant applications
- Assists in the construction, implementation and evaluation of the local assessment system
- Assures that systems are in place to use student performance data to improve instruction
The chief Academic Officer (CAO) provides leadership in PRE-K through grade 12 instructional planning, professional development and customized training, library services, curriculum services and program development. The Chief Academic Officer supervises, coordinates and evaluates professional and support staff as assigned.
The CAO works closely with other members of the Management Team and Administrative Team in the planning and execution of the school system's mission, vision, and goals. The Chief Academic Officer develops and implements an Academic Strategic Plan, has lead responsibility for student learning, program, course outcomes and assessment initiatives. The CAO reports directly to the Superintendent.
Education and/or Experience
Master's Degree plus classroom experience and previous administrative experience preferred. Eligible for State of Maine certification #078 and a valid teaching certificate required.
To apply, please upload the following application materials electronically:
- Cover letter
- Three reference letters
- Proof of Fingerprints
Salary Range: $95,246 - $112,623