Winfield Children's House is seeking a team teacher in our "Junior Toddler" classroom (4 - 16mths).
The position requires a caring, nurturing, conscientious teacher who is either a Montessori intern looking for a practicum site or someone eager to attend Montessori training (*with tuition benefit) to earn a 0 to 3 Montessori credential.
- Follow schedules and routines to ensure adequate activity, rest, nourishment, and discovery
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with students, parents and co-workers
- Communicate with parents on students' growth and progress
- Maintain the health and safety of all students
- Prepare the classroom environment for optimal learning
- Attend meetings and staff development
- An Associates or Bachelor's degree
- Previous experience with Infants or Toddlers in childcare, teaching, or other related fields
- Passionate about working with children
- Ability to build rapport with children
- Positive and patient demeanor
- The ability to work collaboratively in a supportive environment
Winfield offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. This position offers a tuition benefit for optional Montessori teaching credential.
This is a full-time position and can be year round by teaching in the arts and science summer camp. Send letter of interest, resume, 3 letters of reference, and a copy of college transcript and Montessori credential to Michelle Vogel, Director
Winfield is located in Falmouth, just north of Portland, Maine. Recently celebrating its 30th anniversary, Winfield currently serves approx. 100 students from 4 months through 6 years old. We have one classroom for infants 4 - 16 months and two for children 16 months - 3 years, as well as three Early Childhood classrooms, for children 3-6 years old. During the summer months, a small nature and art camp program is offered to our enrolled students. Winfield offers Foreign Language, Sign Language, Music, Yoga, and Environmental Education as enrichment to the Montessori Curriculum.
Job Type: Full-time
- Associate or Bachelor's degree
- Infant or Toddler: 1 year