Regional School Unit #3 has a vacancy for your consideration. Please find the details below.
Category: Student Support Services/School Counselor
Date Posted: 2/2/2023
Location: Mt View High School
Mount View High School, in the rolling hills of Waldo County, seeks an enthusiastic, motivated school counselor who is passionate about helping students maximize their potential. The school counselor will serve as a student and family advocate, promote access to educational and professional experiences, and support students' interpersonal skills and emotional development. The school counselor will play a central role in developing and implementing a vision for our comprehensive school counseling program for RSU3.
- Valid Maine K-12 Guidance Counselor certification (#75)
- Maine DOE CHRC background check.
- Bachelor's Degree is required as a minimum
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
JOB GOAL: To provide counsel, consultation or information related to a student's academic/ social/emotional issues to students, parents or faculty.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides counsel for students through academic/social/emotional challenges they face.
- Consults with teachers, administrators, support staff and parents regarding academic/social/emotional issues related to his/her assigned students. Also communicates with various community social service agencies as needed.
- Provides informational services to students and parents that will assist them in educational, vocational and personal decision making; including potential post-secondary options. (This includes organizing and facilitating evening information sessions for parents and students).
- Supports students in cultivating readiness for post-secondary pursuits, including higher education and the world of work.
- Assists college-bound students through the application and financial aid process.
- Maintains and updates student records through the information management system.
- Collaborates in the integration of the school guidance services with other student support services.
- Collaborates with administration and faculty in the implementation of the various federal, state and local assessments.
- Collaborates with administration, faculty, students and parents in scheduling of classes.
- Participates in various building-based and school district committees.
- Remains current on the latest school counseling practices and theories.
- Writes and submits necessary and/or required reports regarding guidance services.
- Adheres to ethical standards, performance standards and program components of the Maine Comprehensive School Counseling Model K-12.
- Performs other duties as may reasonably be required.