Brewer School Department - Contracted Position, Part Time Social Worker for the 2020-21 school year (3 days per week)
The Brewer School Department’s Office of Special Education is seeking a contracted provider with a State of Maine Licensed Clinical Social Worker, with appropriate State of Maine certification and criminal history record check. The ideal provider will assist in the provision of counseling, small group and individualized social skills instruction and facilitation of home/school communication for select students between grades K-12. The ideal provider will also demonstrate an ability to:
- Provide direct services to students and consultation with staff members, families and appropriate agencies related to personal, family, social-emotional, academic challenges, and/or truancy issues
- Participate in the development of IEPs for students who receive special education services and provide written and oral reports of progress
- Facilitate crisis intervention protocols and processes as appropriate, and serve as a member of the school crisis intervention team
- Plan and facilitate student instruction (individual and group) on topics such as social skills, behavior plans, anger management, anxiety, coping skills, etc.
- Assist as a liaison between the school district, families, and other agencies
- Maintain documentation of student interventions
- Collaborate with staff and administration regarding student needs
- Conduct screenings for threat and risk assessments as needed
- Conduct staff trainings as appropriate
- Perform other duties as requested by administration.
Closing date: until a suitable candidate is found.
For more information please contact:
Angela Moore, Director of Special Education
Brewer School Department
261 Center Street
Brewer, Maine 04412
Phone: 207-989-8636, Ext. 130