North Yarmouth Academy is seeking a part-time (three days per week) counselor to work with faculty and students on the social and emotional health of the students. The school counselor will collaborate with the NYA Health Services Office and faculty in a variety of capacities. Candidate must have a minimum of a MSW, Masters in Counseling, or BA with commensurate experience in school counseling.
Position will begin January 6, 2020
Help support the social and emotional needs of students at multiple age levels.
- Provide referrals to outside professionals for students and their families seeking services
- Assist in the development of school wellness programs
- Meet with faculty and staff about grade-level issues and students of concern, as needed
- Coordinate professional development programs for faculty on student mental and physical health issues
- Support parent education programs on a variety of topics
- Serve as a member of the Crisis Team
- Perform other duties as assigned