Description: The Cape Elizabeth School Department/Town of Cape Elizabeth has an opening for an Accounts PayableClerk/Receptionist. This is a year round position.
Qualifications: Associate's degree in business or accounting, or equivalent work experience, and prior receptionist experience. Hold a valid State of Maine Criminal History Records Check (CHRC) Approval. See below for more information on obtaining CHRC.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy within a busy environment
- Experience with computerized accounting systems
- Must be team oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information as required by law
- Prepares for payment all invoices and check requests, verifying that funds are available by tracking account balances. Accepts money for deposit.
- Processes purchase orders following designated procedures.
- Schedules invoices for payment following designated procedures.
- Enters detail information in computerized accounting system to generate warrant.
- Processes accounts payable checks and accompanying reports for Town Council and School Board approval.
- Maintains files on all vendors and resolves billing issues with vendors.
- Prepares necessary reports and other spreadsheets as requested.
- Processes work permits for students.
- Processes course pre-approvals, reimbursements and educational loans for all school staff.
- Reconciles monthly bank statements as requested, directed, and/or required.
- Processes payroll during Payroll staff vacations.
- Performs necessary calendar and year end federal and state reports.
- Is first response in answering the telephone.
- Greets public and directs to appropriate area.
- Sorts daily mail delivery.
- Orders office supplies and coordinates equipment repair
- Coordinates hotel and airline reservations for the school system
- Provides clerical support to Business Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the School Department Business Manager/Municipal Comptroller and Superintendent.
Terms of Employment:
Monday through Friday; 7:30-4:00
8 hours per day/260 days per year.
Compensation in accordance with recommendations established by the Superintendent of Schools and Business Manager.
Comprehensive Benefits Package offered.
External candidates - All applications and supporting materials are to be completed online via https://www.cape.k12.me.us/o/cesd/page/job-openings--105 and include: a completed application, letter of interest specific to posted position, current resume, three letters of recommendation, and copy of CHRC. A valid Maine Department of Education Criminal History Records Check (CHRC) Approval will be required of the successful candidate. However, it is not a requirement to complete prior to the application process.
Application Deadline: When a suitable candidate is found.
Application materials should be directed to:
Donna Wolfrom, Superintendent of Schools
Cape Elizabeth School Department
320 Ocean House Road
Cape Elizabeth ME 04107
Dept. of Ed Certification Information can be obtained online at the Maine Dept of Education web site
For more information about Maine's CHRC process, please visit the Maine DOE online fingerprint registration site or call the Maine Certification Office at 207-624-6603.
Cape Elizabeth has three schools; Pond Cove Elementary School, grades K-4; Cape Elizabeth Middle School, grades 5-8; and, Cape Elizabeth High School, grades 9-12. All schools are located within easy walking distance of each other. Please check our web site for information.
Cape Elizabeth is a residential community located on the Atlantic Ocean three miles south of Portland, two hours north of Boston, and covers about 15 square miles. It has a population of 9,068 residents living in 3,200 households.