Associate Director of Admissions
Kents Hill School is at a pivotal moment in its almost 200-year-old history. Our Head of School has brought a clear educational vision and a strengthened focus on developing the whole student through a balanced, intentional, and purposeful curriculum. Under the supervision of the Dean of Enrollment Management, the Associate Director of Admissions will work with the Admissions team helping to target enrollment and revenue on an annual basis.
This position is designed for an experienced recruitment professional. The right candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, use relational techniques, and be ready to help lead a significant enrollment effort for the school. Managing several key responsibilities, being student-facing, and being committed to success are critical characteristics of the successful candidate. Kents Hill School has a unique approach to 21st Century Skills and mastering the marketing and messaging of the programs that accompany it is essential.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Take on challenging personal enrollment goals determined by the Dean of Enrollment Management
- Be the student-facing member of the team
- Overseeing and managing the prospective student-to-student experience on campus (ex. tour guide, lunch bunch, etc.)
- Be willing to travel 25-50 days per year
- Cultivate and manage consultant and counselor relationships in a given geographic area
- Manage talent recruitment and enrollment; liaise with coaches, program directors, and the Director of Athletics
- Participate and plan Admissions events as directed, including select weekends
- Full/high-pay recruiting and enrollment as a top priority
- Serve as a member of the residential weeknight and weekend duty team
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of School and the Dean of Enrollment Management
- Five years of previous Admissions experience
- Ability to work independently, plan proactively, manage a complex workload, and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate in a proactive, responsive, and professional manner
- Interest in working in a student-centered academic environment that requires flexibility and creativity
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills, exceptional customer service, and the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
How to Apply: Please send a letter of interest and resume to HR@kentshill.org
Kents Hill School is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.