We need 1 - 3 Coaches to run our Parent Program - Online
The PARENT PROGRAM is an organizational, hold the student accountable each day service. At the end of the week the Coach will send to the parent a progress report on what they have worked on with the Student and where they have concerns for their academics.
With the need to be at home during the school week or forced into remote learning we found that many students need a daily check-in to make sure they are organized with their school work, have completed and turned in their assignments and held accountable to the progress made on their online platform such as Power School and Google Classroom
Here Student utilize a Coach for up to 75 minutes per week in 15-minute daily increments. The objective here is for the Coach to work with the Student daily and to aid in keeping the student on track with their Academic work. The Coach will also answer Academic Questions when possible, however this is not a tutoring session.
Support hours are from 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm M – F GRADES 5th – 12th
- Meet with Students remotely, checking on their homework assignments, creating strategies to stay organized, reviewion gtheir online school portal with the students etc.
- Submit comprehensive notes for each students parents each week.
- Coaches are provided with ongoing professional development and supervision and must be available for 15 minutes a week during the first month or so of coaching to get the required support. Our coaches see this as a huge benefit!
- Each sessions is 15 minutes all managed by an online scheduling system.
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in education or related field required.
- 2 years of experience is preferred in some type of Executive Function / Organizational Coaching
- Ability to teach consecutive Coaching sessions
- We value candidates who have experience working one to one with students, preferably as a special education teacher, occupational therapist, speech and language pathologist, school psychologist, general education teacher, or in higher education, with experience with students with ADHD and other learning challenges.
- Coaches must be comfortable with technology including email, use of an online database to track student progress, various study websites, apps, and web conference apps like Zoom.
- Candidates may apply who cannot travel to Yarmouth for our online support, but the candidate must live in Maine.
Pay: We offer a Contracted Employee relationship with a contracted rate per student.
Starting pay is $40.00 per student per week. Max 12 Students
For consideration, please fill out our application for employment. If you meet our criteria you will be contacted for a short screening interview, which is typically conducted over web conference (Zoom).
If you are selected after screening, we may ask for a longer, more in-depth interview to be held in person or online. We conduct background and reference checks as part of our hiring process and your information will be kept strictly confidential.
We strongly encourage candidates to visit our website to learn more about who we are and what we do before applying.
Learning With Fun is a Family Owned and Operated Business.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Learning With Fun is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, marital status, national origin, mental or physical disability, political belief or affiliation, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.
Furthermore, Learning With Fun policy includes prohibitions of harassment of students and employees, i.e., racial harassment, sexual harassment, and retaliation for filing complaints of discrimination.
*If you have applied in the past, we encourage you to reapply as our needs have grown over the past few years.