POSITION: School Psychologist
REPORTS TO: Special Services Director
HOURS/STATUS: School Year 2023-2024
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
TO APPLY: http://applitrack.com/link75/onlineapp
- Administer and interpret tests of mental abilities, learning disabilities, aptitudes, psychological, interests and personality characteristics for educational, vocational selection, guidance or placement.
- Interview and examine student developmental histories to assist in determining causes of behaviors or problems, maladjustments, conflicts, delayed development, learning disabilities, etc.
- Process and communicate the findings, conclusions and recommendations to parents at IEP Meetings.
- Suggest changes or interventions in the behavior of students, teachers, parents, administrators, etc.
- Assist in the development of prescriptive teaching and learning techniques relevant to specific areas of exceptionality.
- Provide consultation to staff on students to assist in ongoing program development.
- Consultation with school Social Workers, School Psychological Service Providers for ongoing professional development and supervision.
- Complete risk assessments and provide recommendation on students referred through the Risk Assessment process.
- Other job-related duties as assigned by the Special Services Director.
- Licensed by the Maine State Board of Examiners of Psychologists.
- Must hold a Master’s Degree in Psychology.
- Valid Maine Department of Education Certification as a School Psychologist (093).
MSAD No. 75 is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)