Maine Educational Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing/Gov. Baxter School for the Deaf is seeking to fill a full time – 200 day Education Technician III vacancy to support children in our Brewer area Regional Program for deaf and hard of hearing children. The specific job requirements of this position are per IEP needs of the child and may change with any IEP changes.
Job Description: This person provides support to students in the Regional Program in the Brewer area school. An Education Technician III provides classroom support to the teachers and students. Assists in meeting prescribed IEP goals and objectives. Oversees the activities of students, tutors students as needed, supervises students in the lobby before and after school, assists with cafeteria, playground, bus and other non-instructional duties and assists teachers with classroom material preparation. This person will be part of a strong Regional Team.
- Three years of post-secondary education in an education-related field
- Fluency in American Sign Language and knowledge of Deaf Culture is preferred
- Willingness to support children in both their ASL and Spoken Language Development as needed per specific IEP needs.
- Experience working with children with additional special needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, professionals and families.
- Ability to take data as necessary.
- Education Technician III certification from the State of Maine, Dept. of Education.
A competitive pay and benefits package, including medical/dental insurance, Maine State Retirement and paid sick/personal time, is offered.
If interested in applying for this position, please click the APPLY link next to the Education Technician III listing on the Maine Educational Center for the Deaf Career Opportunities website page.
PLEASE NOTE: Employment cannot be finalized until the applicant has completed requirements for complete background checks and fingerprinting as required by Maine State Statute.
We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings.