Middle School Self-Contained Teacher
Sacopee Valley Schools are nestled between the Saco and Ossipee River in the town of Hiram, Maine. Students from the surroundings towns of Baldwin, Cornish, Parsonsfield, and Porter attend Sacopee Valley. Sacopee Valley is conveniently located 30 minutes from North Conway, NH and 45 minutes from Portland. Recreational water activities at numerous local ponds and lakes are only minutes away. Winter fun, like skiing at King Pine or Shawnee Peak, is an easy drive. There are also lots of opportunities for other recreational activities including hiking, camping, fishing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, or antiquing. Cornish (less than five minutes away) has been called the Crown of York County and was voted one of the 2016 Best Places to Live in Maine. Cornish is also home to some highly-rated restaurants. For these reasons and more, people enjoy living in the Sacopee Valley area.
Sacopee Valley educates students in grades Pre-K – 12 with just under 1,000 students. With small classes and schools, teachers are able to know and inspire their students. Access to technology is widely available with new MacBook Airs for every student in grades 3-12 and MacBooks and iPads for students in grades K-2. Sacopee Valley is also one of the few districts in the State of Maine that has embraced the TURN Union Reform work that encourages teacher leadership. We see the value in moving forward together to provide the education all students deserve!
MSAD 55 is seeking a dynamic self-contained special education teacher at Sacopee Valley Middle School in Hiram, Maine.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience supporting students with behavioral needs by designing and implementing behavior plans and Individual Education Plans in the regular and self-contained setting
- Ability to collect and utilize behavioral and academic data to inform interventions and instruction
- Capability to complete required special education paperwork associated with case management of special education students
- Competence and flexibility necessary to program for students with cognitive, emotional, and behavioral needs
- Ability to supervise and collaborate with educational technicians
- Effective communication skills with classroom teachers and parents
- Current Safety Care Authorization
- Current Maine K-8 Teacher of Students with Disabilities Certification (282E)
Applications are available on-line at www.sad55.org. Please submit letter of interest, application, resume, transcripts, copy of certification, and three current letters of recommendation to:
Superintendent Dr. Carl Landry
137 South Hiram Road
Hiram, ME 04041
Deadline: Wednesday, July 3, 2019 @ 3:00 pm