Post a Job
Biddeford School Department
Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
TITLE: Custodial Worker
1. High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
2. Knowledge of cleaning materials and agents helpful.
3. Valid DOE fingerprinting certification.
1. Keeps building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas neat and clean at all times.
2. Shovels and sands walkways and steps as appropriate.
3. Checks daily to ensure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of the
4. Sweeps/vacuum classrooms daily and dusts furniture.
5. Cleans corridors after school each day and during the day when their condition requires it.
6. Mops and disinfects toilet floors daily and cleans all sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains daily.
7. Washes all windows on both the inside and outside at least annually and more frequently if necessary.
8. Keep all floors in a clean and attractive condition and a good state of preservation.
9. Change light bulbs as necessary.
10. Reports major repairs needed promptly to the Director of Facilities.
11. Remains on the school premises during school hours and during non-school hours when the use of the building has
been authorized and attendance required by the principal.
12. Assumes responsibility for the opening and closing of the building each school day and for determining, before leaving,
that all doors and windows are secured, and all lights, except those left on for safety reasons, are turned off.
13. Moves furniture or equipment within buildings as required for various activities and as directed by the Custodial
14. Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of chemicals, trash, rubbish, and waste.
15. Must possess and utilize excellent team-building skills.
16. Must accept delegated responsibilities willingly.
17. Must be able to lift fifty pounds.
18. Must adapt the personal daily schedule to accommodate abnormal work hours.
19. May be assigned to any building in the district as deemed appropriate by the Custodial Supervisor.
20. Must have a positive and professional attitude.
21. Other job-related duties as assigned by the Custodial Supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
: Twelve-month year. Salary and work year to be established by the School Committee and
: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the School Committee’s policy on
Evaluation of Support Services Personnel.
The above job description reflects the general requirements necessary to describe the principal functions or responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, either at present or in the future
The School Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district shall actively work to have the teacher and administrator workforce reflect the student body's diversity.
The selection of all employees by the School Department will be based on those with the highest capabilities, the strongest commitment to quality education, and the greatest probability of effectively implementing the learning program. Selections will be made without consideration on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, marital status, disability or genetic information, and any other state or federal prohibitions. For the purpose of this policy, "sexual orientation" means a person's actual or perceived heterosexuality, bisexuality, homosexuality, or gender identity or expression.
Criminal Background Check
All employees of Maine schools must be fingerprinted for a criminal history background check. Please create a log-in and create an account and make an appointment for a fingerprinting appointment at
Custodial / Maintenance
Job Location (County)
Share this job