The administration of Maine Ocean School includes a collaborative Leadership Team and a group of additional employees in administrative positions. All administrators embrace the School’s mission & vision as the basis of their daily work and organizational management.
The mission of Maine Ocean School is to provide a theme-based high school education focused on Maine’s maritime connection, with an emphasis on leadership, work ethic, and the transferable skills associated with careers involving the ocean.
The Board of Trustees seeks an Administrative Assistant to manage state education database system, admissions needs, supervision and schedule of volunteers, establishment of office space and headquarters, needs of the Board of Trustees, and School staff as they are hired. We are looking for an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a newly developing team. The ability to multi- task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support, is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is flexible, resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. The person hired will be expected to work with confidential information and therefore will have high standards of discretion. Assuring a steady completion of workload independently and in a timely manner is key to success in this position.
- Manage workflow, ensuring that deadlines are met and work is completed correctly.
- Assist in training staff members, volunteers, and new hires.
- Schedule and coordinate with volunteers for events.
- Create and maintain a volunteer database which includes contact information and defined roles.
- Undertake projects as directed by administration and foresee projects to completion.
- Generate memos, emails and reports when appropriate.
- Assume responsibility for maintenance of office space and equipment as available.
- Maintain office supplies by checking inventory and order items.
- Respond to questions and requests for information.
- Answer incoming calls and assume other receptionist duties when needed.
Qualifications and skills:
- Proficiency with Google Apps such as Drive, Docs, Sheets.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to evaluate and revise operating practices to improve efficiency.
- Detail-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment.
Location: Searsport, Maine.
Hours: 10-20 hours per week
Pay Rate: $15 per hour
Supervisor: Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees, until a Director is hired
Start Date: When appropriate candidate is found
Application reviews will begin on November 5, 2018
To Apply: If interested in this opportunity with Maine Ocean School, please submit cover letter and resume that includes a list and contact information for 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org