Position: Site Director
Reports to: Youth and Family Director
Reporting to the Youth and Family Director, the Site Director oversees daily operation of the before and after school site while implementing the YMCA mission to meet the needs of area families. The Site Director will work with the Group Leader(s) to develop and support the educational and emotional well-being of each child in the program. The Site Director will ensure that a safe and enriching environment is provided for all program participants.
6:30 AM - 8:30AM M-F* (Wednesdays 6:30AM - 9:30AM)
2:30 PM - 5:30PM M-F
Potential shift from 12PM - 3 PM.
*Must be willing to travel to our 5 off-site programs: located in Bath (2 sites), Brunswick, Woolwich.*
- Provide a safe and enriching environment for all children in the program.
- Promote effective communication between children, parents and staff.
- Maintain on-site paperwork in accordance with state licensing requirements.
- Oversee Group Leader(s) to ensure they are following all YMCA Childcare guidelines.
- Provide a positive, relaxed atmosphere.
- Encourage constant supervision of all children.
- Enforce planned daily activities.
- Attend monthly meetings with the Youth and Family Director and other staff.
- Join children in pool for designated swim time.
- Follow YMCA health and safety policies.
- Complete and submit all required records including time sheets, accident reports…etc.
- Know, follow and complete emergency procedures.
- Has understanding of child development for applicable ages.
- Has ability to model and use conflict resolution.
- Has patience and understanding in meeting daily needs of children.
- Is flexible to the daily demands of the program including scheduled work hours.
- Maintains a positive attitude toward responsibilities and professional relationship with parents and school teachers.
- Treats all employees equally and fairly.
- Is a positive role model for children and other staff members.
- Avoids and prevents gossip.
- Be prompt, dependable and reliable.
The director and/or head teacher shall be at least twenty-one (21) years of age and meet one of the following:
Associate degree. An Associate in Arts/Associate in Science (AA/AS) in Early Childhood Education; or
AA/AS in related filed. An AA/AS with twelve (12) credits in Early Childhood Education or a related field and two (2) years direct childcare experience; or
College credit and experience. Thirty (30) college credits in Early Childhood Education with one (1) year direct childcare experience; or
Credential and experience. Child Development Associate (CDA) as awarded by the CDA National Credentialing Program with three (3) years direct childcare experience; or
Experience and training. Five (5) years direct childcare experience and one hundred and thirty-five (135) hours of training in healthy, safe environments; child development; observation and assessment; developmentally appropriate practice; guidance; relationships with families; individual and cultural diversity or business and professional development; childcare, early childhood education, topics related to operating a Child Care Facility; or other subjects related to the age or characteristics of children for whom care is planned.
Program Directors. Directors and/or head teachers of School-Age Childcare Programs (Section 23) shall have an AA/AS in Early Childhood Education or a closely related field such as elementary education, youth development, or recreation management or thirty (30) college credits in Early Childhood Education or a closely related field, such as elementary education, youth development, or recreation management or Section 220.127.116.11 or Section 18.104.22.168 above.