REPORTS TO: Director of Support Service
JOB GOAL: The Maintenance Worker maintains school buildings and grounds in top condition to ensure full and productive use of facilities.
- Willingness to perform routine manual work; ability to lift heavy articles:
- Must pass Pre-Employment physical
- Possesses a valid Maine Driver’s license.
- Ability to read, write and follow written, and oral instructions.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Good knowledge of semi-skilled trades, skills in minor repair and preventative maintenance schedule. Knowledge of grounds preparations, equipment and tools.
- Maine Department of Education, Criminal History Record Check (fingerprinting-$70 fee)
- Performs daily rubbish and trash collection for the school system.
- Operates snowplow and sand equipment as needed.
- Assists in receiving supplies and disseminating material to respective schools.
- Assists in performing manual labor with co-workers as required.
- Performs other related work as directed by Director of Support Service and School Management.
- Operates trucks, chain saw, tractor, snow blowers, mowers and other related equipment as required to perform assigned tasks and provided by the Auburn School Department
- Overtime is required and some is mandatory
- Performs other tasks as requested by the Business Office Supervisor and/ or Business Manager.
Collective Bargaining Agreement www.auburnschl.edu Starting pay $19.95 per hour to increase in 6 months.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 260 days, hourly position
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated by the Director.
Excellent benefit package including 12 paid holidays, 15 sick days per year, 112 vacation hours per year. Maine PRS eligible (PLD), Health insurance 85% benefit for Single or Adult w Children , Dental Option
TO APPLY USE SCHOOL SPRING or request a paper application
https://www.schoolspring.com/employer/jobs/applicants or contact Diane Blais firstname.lastname@example.org
207-784-6431 ext 1424 for a paper application