Riverton Elementary School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Seeking an energetic, enthusiastic, and creative classroom teacher for the primary level. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to plan collaboratively with other teachers and school-wide educators; show evidence of raising academic achievement in reading and mathematics, demonstrate a commitment to and experience in integrating rigorous inquiry-based content. A strong candidate will have experience creating strong student and parent relationships and a commitment to incorporating social emotional learning practices throughout the classroom and school wide.
Under the direction of the school principal, the qualified candidate: will plan and provide appropriate learning experiences for students; provide an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of students to ensure Success for Every Student; supervise students in a variety of school-related settings; monitor and evaluate student outcomes; communicate and interact with students, parents, staff, and community; develop, select, and modify instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students; maintain appropriate records and follow required procedures and practices; and monitor appropriate use and care of equipment, materials, and facilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of PPS curriculum, techniques for integrating curriculum, PPS policies, and effective instructional practices.
- Understanding of the teaching/learning process.
- Ability to provide instruction that reflects multiple perspectives and multicultural education.
- Ability to infuse technology into curriculum.
- Ability to work effectively with administrators, colleagues, central office and school-based staff, students, parents and community.
- Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field of education from an accredited college or university.