Before and After School Program Group Leader Position
(We also need substitute staff for when our regular staff are out sick, on vacation, or have an emergency. If you have a flexible schedule and are looking to pick up some hours here and there, while gaining experience in Child Care this is a great opportunity! Perfect for college students or those with a part-time schedule! Must be willing to travel to our 6 off-site programs: located in Bath, Brunswick, Woolwich, and Georgetown. Contact Bob Priest at the Bath YMCA!)
Y-CARE GROUP LEADER:
POSITION SUMMARY: The person selected for this position will be under the direct supervision of the Site Director and Youth and Family Director and will be responsible for providing an appropriately safe, caring and enriching environment for the children enrolled in the YMCA After-School programs. Group Leaders are responsible for conducting themselves in an appropriate manner, setting an example for children, parents and coworkers by reflecting the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
HS Diploma or General Equivalent Diploma (GED)
Experience working with children of varied ages highly desired.
KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE: Must have the ability to demonstrate and/or show competency in the following areas:
· Supervising youth and presenting positive role modeling through all interactions with program participants.
· To meet program goals as outlined in the Childcare Policies and Procedures Manual
· To keep confidences, loyalties and practice professionalism
· Be reliable and dependable
· Work a flexible schedule to meet program staffing/planning needs.
· Exercise mature judgment and sound decision making.
· Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Learn, follow and enforce local Y and national guidelines related to internal policies.
PROFESSIONAL EXPECTATIONS: The After-School Counselor will present a competent and positive image of The Bath Area Family YMCA through the professional and safe coordination of all Child Care programming, quantified by completion of the key areas of responsibility and continuous improvement of the systems. In addition the After-School Counselor will exhibit and represent behaviors consistent with the expectations within the YMCA competency guidelines listed below:
· Accepts and demonstrates the Y's values.
· Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
· Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
· Builds rapport and relates well to others.
· Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
· Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
· Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
· Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
· Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process.
Come in and fill out an application or e-mail your resume to Bob.
Hours: Mon- Fri -- 6:30am - 8:15 am; 2:45pm - 5:30pm
Additional Information: YMCA membership included with employment.
303 Centre Street
Phone: (207) 443-4112 #36
Fax: () -
Bath Area Family YMCA