This position is located in a Career and Technical Education (CTE) school setting. This position is full time, evenings Monday through Thursday (days on Friday) and works day shift during the summer months. Requirements include GED or HS Diploma, background check & fingerprinting, valid drivers license and ability to meet physical requirements of the position. Hourly position ranges from $12.00 to 17.00/hour based on experience. Full benefits include health insurance and paid time off. Applications will be accepted until August 14, 2020. FMI please contact Sherry Moody at (207) 594-2161 x201 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a responsible position performing varied custodial and minor maintenance and repair work on the Region’s building, equipment, and grounds in accordance with established procedures, policies, and protocols. The employee is responsible for the cleanliness of the building and all its internal/external areas. Work involves the performance of these tasks under the direction of the Maintenance Director.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Be knowledgeable of chemicals, safety standards and training, including Material Safety Data Sheets, and OSHA requirements;
- Experience in custodial and general maintenance work is highly desirable;
- Demonstrates proficient computer skills and willingness to learn;
- Possess and maintain a valid State of Maine vehicle operator’s license and a Maine School Bus Driver’s license (training offered);
- Must be physically able to fulfill obligations and responsibilities to include but not limited to; interior/exterior renovations, minor repair and construction projects, outdoor landscaping, snow removal and other such projects that require the physical ability to lift and move heavy objects and perform other repetitive motion activities.
- Maintains cleanliness of floors, walls, windows, furniture, equipment, and fixtures of the Region 8 buildings;
- Cleans and disinfects rest rooms, replenishes their supplies, unstops lavatories and toilets, and cleans spills and accidents;
- Performs minor repairs, carpentry, and painting activities as needed;
- Mows lawns, rakes, sweeps sidewalks and cares for trees and shrubbery;
- Removes snow and ice from around buildings, sidewalks and driveway; salts and sands as necessary;
- Locks and unlocks buildings, securing same at end of shift by setting alarms;
- Receives deliveries, unloads and moves to appropriate room as needed;
- Sets up rooms for special functions;
- Performs evening and/or weekend building checks as scheduled, alternating with other staff;
- Responds to weekend and after hours alarm reports as requested;
- Communicates with staff, students, and the public in a courteous and respectful manner;
- Assists in the transportation of students using school vehicle(s);
- Performs other work as required.