Job Title: Scarborough High School Learning Commons Ed Tech III
Date Available: August 26, 2019
Description: This is an Ed Tech III position designed to help support activities, Staff and the Librarian Media Specialist in our Learning Commons (Library) at SHS. This job includes, but is not limited to:
- Supervision of students in the Learning Commons
- Technology skills (Library software is helpful, but can be learned)
- Support with students that have questions or need assistance (research support)
- Someone who enjoys working with adolescents
- Clerical tasks for the Learning Commons (period by period attendance, checking in and out of materials, maintaining the collection, re-shelving materials, subbing for Academic Enrichment and Support Time/Advisory if needed, tasks required to keep the Learning Commons running smoothly)
- Flexibility is a plus
- Attend school support staff meetings
- Creates displays, bulletin boards & other promotional materials
- Strong written and oral skills
Qualifications: CHRC (Criminal Record History Check) and Ed Tech III Requirements
Application Instructions: Scarborough Public Schools does not accept paper applications or supporting materials. All applications and supporting materials are to be completed via Frontline Applicant Tracking at www.applitrack.com/scarborough/onlineapp
Application Deadline: As soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Maine Department of Education Certification Information can be obtained online at the department’s website at http://www.maine.gov/doe/index.html.
Maine State Law requires ALL school employees to be fingerprinted and pass a Criminal History Record Check (CHRC). A copy of your CHRC MUST be uploaded as part of your application to be considered. For more information about Maine’s Criminal History Record Check (CHRC) requirements, please see the Maine Department of Education website at http://maine.gov/doe/cert/fingerprinting/index.html
About Scarborough Public Schools
Located on the scenic coast of Southern Maine, six miles southwest of Portland, Scarborough Public Schools provide services to students from kindergarten to adult education practicing its philosophy of offering quality education for all eligible members of the community. Students learn in a positive atmosphere where dedicated educators strive to meet individual student needs throughout the school year and beyond.
Scarborough Public Schools are committed to all students becoming college, career, and civic ready through student-centered learning. Using our Student Centered Learning focus, decisions in planning instruction and in the continuous improvement of our schools are made with students’ needs and interests as our primary consideration.
For more information on Scarborough Public Schools, please see our website at www.scarboroughschools.org