First Step Learning Center is seeking qualified candidates for a variety of full/part time teaching and support positions. Since 1988, First Step has been dedicated to providing exceptional child care in an interactive and nurturing learning environment that supports the whole child.
Nestled in the heart of the So. Freeport Village, our curriculum design encourages exploration of the surrounding neighborhood and natural environment. We are looking for experienced, creative and enthusiastic early childhood educators to enhance and work collaboratively on our team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly, family and child-centered teaching community. Recent early childhood graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Develop and deliver curriculum founded on the Maine Early Learning and Development Standards
- Create a positive play-based learning environment that encourages child directed play
- Develop strategies to guide positive children's behavior
- Build professional relationships with colleagues and open communication with families through newsletters, blogs and conferences twice yearly
- Observe and document children's growth and development
- Maintain portfolios based on the MELDS for each child
- Be a member of Maine Roads to Quality and take part in 30 + hours of trainings and workshops after hours
- Ensure the learning environment is clean, hygenic and safe
- Help develop teaching goals for the center and it's teachers
- Undertake administrative tasks as required and attend monthly staff meetings after hours
- A minimum A.S. in Early Childhood, a Bachelor's degree in ECE or related field preferred
- Experience working in a childcare or school setting
- Fantastic organizational and cooperative skills
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- A basic level of computer literacy
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Clean medical certificate and immunization record
- Agree to an FBI and Child Protective background check as well as a Motor Vehicle check
- A thorough understanding of the Maine Early Learning and Developmental Guidelines (MELDS)
First Step prides itself on offering excellent working conditions to it's teachers including paid professional development, monthly paid curriculum planning and portfolio prep time, paid holidays, vacation accrual and flexible scheduling, a company 401K plan and health/dental insurance allowance towards a group plan for f/t positions.
If you are a commited and passionate teacher, dedicated to the early childhood learning and development field, mail your resume to First Step Learning Center, P. O. 220, So. Freeport ME 04078 or call 207831-3025 for further questions regarding this position.
Thank you for your interest and we hope to hear from you!