SKCDC is an Early Head Start, Head Start and Childcare program. We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual who loves working with the youngest generation to join our team to fill the following position in its Early Care and Education Program:
Preschool Center Supervisor in the Augusta Area
This is a Monday-Friday, for 40 hour per week position. The Center Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of center staff, coordination of center operations, and the implementation of all agency, state and federal policies, procedure and practices. In addition, provides and implements procedures for effective, quality, family centered child development programs.
Experience and Skill Requirements: The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- Prior experience teaching children ages birth – 5 years.
- Experience in Human Services preferred.
- A minimum of two years of supervisory experience is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to effectively work with families.
- Ability to effectively supervise other personnel.
- Must possess a sincere interest in commitment and ability to the provision of quality programs for children and families.
- Must have knowledge of computer applications relative to the software utilized by the Agency and a general knowledge of computer functions.
- Must possess a valid Maine driver’s license with a good driving record and must have an adequately insured vehicle, if conducting Agency business.
Minimum Education Requirements: The following education requirements are considered essential:
- Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Education or a degree in a related field or
- Associate degree in Early Childhood Education or in a related field. The candidate with an Associate degree must possess a minimum of five years supervisory experience.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Ability requirements:
To effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to establish and maintain effective working relationships, to effectively work with parents, to effectively supervise other personnel and must possess a sincere interest in commitment and ability to the provision of quality programs for children and families.
To ensure the coordination of Center operations, establish positive and productive relationships with children and their families and maintain a commitment to professionalism
Must have access to adequately insured vehicle, if conducting agency business and must be able to perform some lifting (up to 50 lbs.).
Resumes including letter of interest, transcripts and professional letters of reference (3 preferred) will be accepted until position is filled.
Please submit to:
337 Maine Avenue
Farmingdale, Maine 04344
582.3110 Fax 582.3112
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.skcdc.org
SKCDC is an EEO/AA Employer