POSITION: Transportation Director
HOURS/STATUS: Full-Time; Full Year (Exempt Position)
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
TO APPLY: http://applitrack.com/link75/onlineapp
- To provide consistent and professional management of all aspects of the District’s Transportation Department.
- Continued development and implementation of procedures and application of the MSAD No. 75 Board policies, as related to Transportation operations.
- Supervise Transportation Staff, perform personnel management functions including interviewing and hiring new employees, evaluating personnel performance and administering disciplinary actions.
- Plan school day bus routes, make driver assignments for regular and special bus runs, coordinate and arrange bus transportation for field trips, as well as athletic and co-curricular trips.
- Coordinate all District vehicle fleet repair and maintenance.
- Support an annual budget exceeding $2.8 million. Prepare and execute budgets for the Transportation Department to include review and approval of purchase requests for supplies and equipment.
- Maintain direction of an established school bus safety program.
- Communicate with parents and coordinate with Bus Drivers and School Principals on matters pertaining to bus discipline.
- Perform other related tasks that may be assigned by the Superintendent or Business Manager.
- Significant management experience, preferably in a public school transportation setting.
- Demonstrated communication, employee relations and leadership skills. Proven strong supervisory skills and experience required.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people including students, parents, school faculty, staff and the public.
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws and reporting requirements relating to public school transportation operations.
- Knowledge of automated transportation management systems preferred.
- Familiarity with vehicle, bus and equipment repair and maintenance.
- Minimum of a two-year college degree, with consideration of skills and/or experience in a non-public school Transportation setting.
- Current Maine Department of Education Criminal History Records Check (CHRC). State of Maine Class B license with School and Passenger endorsements preferred.
- Attainment of Maine Department of Environmental Protection Oil Storage Tank Class A/B Operator certification (online) within three months of hire.