SPRUCE MOUNTAIN SCHOOL DISTRICT
Jay, Livermore, Livermore Falls
Special Services Education Technician I
Spruce Mountain High School
Description: Candidate will assist & support teachers in the targeted behavioral/instructional support of special needs students within the RSU special services program. Candidate may provide support in various school environment settings dependent upon student needs including the special education and the regular education setting in individual or small group settings, in addition to non instructional duties as assigned. This position may serve student(s) with a variety of educational, developmental, behavioral and physical needs. Candidate will carry out behavioral and instructional interventions under the supervision of teacher(s). Candidate may also carry out non-instructional duties and will provide appropriate levels of student supervision for the various duties as assigned.
- Valid Ed Tech 1 (or higher) Authorization from the Maine Dept. of Education.
- Criminal History Records Check approval.
- Prior experience working in an educational environment with special needs children preferred.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment and to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment.
- Ability to maintain appropriate level of ethical behavior & diligently maintain confidentiality regarding student information.
- Ability to perform essential functions and duties as outlined in Ed Tech job description.
All interested candidates must submit a letter of intent to:
Superintendent of Schools
9 Cedar Street, Livermore Falls, ME 04254
Email submissions may be sent to email@example.com
Applications available at www.rsu73.com
Closing date: when suitable candidates are found
E. O. E.