Transportation Assistant / Dispatcher
- Associates Degree or equivalent with a minimum three years of school bus transportation operation experience.
- Advanced typing and computer skills, including Microsoft Office and web based school bus routing and fleet maintenance software.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Basic knowledge of office record keeping (forms, documents, bookkeeping).
- Ability to supervise and evaluate personnel.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, team player.
- Self-directed, motivated.
REPORTS TO: Transportation Director / Support Services Manager
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Full time - year round.
Serve as confidential assistant to the Transportation Director.
- Develop and transcribe correspondence of various types.
- Analyze, enter and maintain work orders, parts, and materials for buses. Process bills and purchase orders, prepare financial reports and make recommendations.
- Respond to the telephone in an expedient manner and disseminate information accordingly.
- Assist in design and update of routes and time schedules using applicable software.
- Prepare route schedules to notify parents, schools, drivers and public
- Respond to student and parent inquiries regarding bus routes and stops, enter data, analyze, and maintain up-to-date database.
- Advise building officials and parents of any changes in routing.
- Schedule and dispatch buses and drivers for district routes and extra curricula trips.
- Accept bus trouble calls and assign relief/substitute drivers when necessary.
- Assist in planning and scheduling driver meetings.
- Maintain records in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
- Respect and represent the District with utmost professionalism.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Transportation Director or Support Services Manager or his/her designee.
If interested, please send resume to:
David Leavitt, Support Services Manager
196 W. Front St., Skowhegan, ME 04976