RSU 23 - Old Orchard Beach School is currently accepting applications for Substitute Teachers.
- Position Type: Part-time
- Job Category : Instructional Support > Substitute: Teachers
Substitute Teacher Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the curriculum and lesson plans assigned by the regular teacher.
- Follow procedures and achieve lesson goals.
- Assign and explain homework.
- Oversee students outside of the classroom including in the hallways and cafeteria.
- Comply with all school regulations and policies at all times.
- Take attendance and document daily notes.
- Ensure classroom and work is kept clean and orderly.
- Oversee the normal classroom rhythms and activities.
- Compile a report for the teacher for when they return.
Substitute Teacher Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Teaching is preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- All employees of RSU 23 must have a current/valid Fingerprint Certification/Background Check (C.H.R.C.) through the Department of Education.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
RSU 23 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Sub Rates:
Citizenship, residency or work visa required, Current and valid CHRC: https://www.maine.gov/doe/cert/fingerprinting
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Contact Kati Glencross, HR Manager if you have any questions regarding the online application process at 207-934-5751 x1925
$110.00: 4-year Degree, Current/Former Certificated Teachers (Any U.S. State), and Successful Completion of the OOB/Saco Adult Education Substitute Class
$100: High School Diploma, 2-Year Degree
$150.00: Registered Nurse Substitute