REMOTE RURAL ISLAND LOCATION
Located on the coast of Maine twelve miles by ferry (one hour and 15 minutes) from Rockland, Vinalhaven School is an exciting opportunity for an inspired and creative teacher who wishes to have a dramatic impact on the lives of her/his students. Successful candidates should be prepared to live on the island and become part of the island communty since daily commutes to the mainland are not possible.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send in one PDF file, cover letter, resume, proof of Maine certification, transcripts, three current letters of recommendation, philosophy of leadership, and the answers to the following quetsions to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close when a suitable candidate is found
1. Why are you interested in living and teaching on Vinalhaven Island?
2. Have you ever lived in a small remote rural community? If so, what are the advantages and disadvantages of that experience?
3. Outside your work, what is critical to your happiness and well-being?
Return a completed and signed application form, which will be sent to you upon receive of the items requested in step one.
MSAD #8 and Vinalhaven School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
PreK - 12 Building Assistant Principal for 175 students beginning with the 20-21 school year.
Assist Principal with the provision of instructional, climate, and social emotional leadership so as to promote the educational development of each student with the whole child in mind, strong family partnerships, and the effective performance of school personnel.
Employ shared and distributive leadership methods to ensure daily logistics are effective and understood well by all.
Model best practices for review of available data, development of reliable tracking and reporting methods, self-reflection and adjustment of practices as necessary to meet current needs.
As a team with the Principal, model and guide best practices for
- collaboration protocols to improve trust and effectiveness of teamwork
- school safety (emotional, physical, emergency response, and facility)
- behavior training, supports, and reponses
- intervention systems refinement and consistent implementation including but not limited to PBIS, Restorative Practices, identification of specific academic or behavioral skill deficits to be addressed with appropriate targeted training
- compliance with 504 and IEP plans
- school improvment programs and community engagement
Assist with supervision and evaluation as requested by the Principal
Reports to the Principal