$2000 SIGN ON BONUS
Androscoggin Learning & Transition Center (ALTC) is an approved day treatment program licensed by the Maine Department of Education as a special purpose private school. ALTC believes that all students can learn, achieve at high standards, and have abilities and talents that are worthy of being identified and supported. ALTC is a member of the Becket Family of Services which has 40+ locations and over 50 years of serving New England youth and families.
At ALTC, we provide individualized therapeutic support and wrap-around for our students. Students are referred to ALTC when they have not been successful in Public Schools. Students may have a variety of complex needs including but not limited to behavioral and emotional health needs to learning disabilities to developmental delays. All students have an assigned school social worker and are supported by Behavioral Health Professionals (BHP).
Core Job Functions:
- Assist students grades K - 12 in achieving academic success by providing our students regular guidance, mentoring, and support during the designated subject.
- Develope weekly lesson plans that may need to be individualized to student's current academic level and abilities.
- Provide direction and supervision to BHP's when needed.
- Participate as member of our education and treatment teams which facilitate individual counseling as well as group counseling and assessment when needed.
- Assist with managing classroom behavior in accordance with student IEP's by enforcing rules and procedures.
- Demonstrate and maintain professional boundaries with students at all times
- The school follows a traditional schedule which includes a modified eight week summer schedule.
- Maine Department of Education, Special Education Teacher certification (282) - REQUIRED or be working towards
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Social Work, education or a related field is preferred
- Becket offers highly competitive compensation commensurate with skills, experience, education, and current certification. Conditionally certified teachers start $38,000 - $42,000.
- Up to 4+ weeks of paid time off in the first year.
- On the job, professional Human Services training, skills development and career leadership opportunities.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b retirement, Short & Long Term Disability, Basic Life & Supplemental Life, AD&D, Flexible Health Spending Account, Legal and Employee Assistance Programs.