Maine Virtual Academy is seeking a Math teacher for grades 9-12, who is seeking to grow his/her career in a virtual education setting for the 2019/2020 school year. We have an excellent training program for teachers new to teaching in a virtual school. Applicants must be very comfortable and skilled in utilizing technology. Teachers must be able to commute to Augusta 5 days per week. This is not a work from home position. The position requires the ability to teach from the school location in Augusta, Monday through Friday from 8 am until 4 pm throughout the school year. The ideal candidate is certified in his/her content area and has knowledge and training in teaching high school math; is comfortable working in a technology rich environment; exhibits superior organizational and communication skills; is compassionate and student centered; and can participate effectively in a team environment.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree
- Teaching certificate from the Maine Department of Education in Mathematics 020 and/or 300
- Current CHRC with State of Maine
Some of the responsibilities of a MEVA teacher include:
- Planning classroom instruction to align to the core standards.
- Engaging students in online coursework through whole group sessions, small group sessions and 1 on 1 sessions. Teachers are required to have a minimum of 15 hours of teaching time each week which are comprised of whole group, small group and 1 on 1 sessions.
- Monitoring and analyzing student efforts and proving timely feedback and coaching.
- Communicating effectively with students in the virtual classroom, the virtual homeroom and through other forms of communication including weekly phone calls to keep students motivated and engaged in school.
- Communicating with parents and learning coaches on a regular and as needed basis.
- Grading assignments, exams and projects within 5 days.
- Proctoring MEA's, NWEA's and SAT tests across the State of Maine.
- Participating in 504 and IEP meetings as part of the student team.
- Working as a positive team member with the MEVA staff
- Participating in staff meetings.
- Participating in professional development activities.
- Participate in open house events.
- Ability to work Monday – Friday from 8am until 4pm
We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurance. Our employees participate in the Maine State Retirement plan.
To apply submit the following documents to Dr. Melinda Browne at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Current CHRC certificate
- Letter of Introduction
- Copy of college transcripts
- 3 letters of recommendation.
Maine Virtual Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.