Bus Driver – Full Time
*$3000.00 SIGN ON BONUS
Located a ½ mile from the Atlantic Ocean and 15 minutes from Portland, RSU 23 is a school district comprising of a Pre-K through grade 12 student body. The Transportation Department is seeking a qualified candidate to work across different work classifications to drive school buses and vans, full-time, for the purpose of student transportation. The successful candidate should possess the following:
• Current and violation free Maine State CDL with school bus & passenger endorsements • Current and valid CHRC
• High School Diploma or GED
• Demonstrated ability to work well within a team
• Previous experience transporting school children on scheduled routes, field trips, and sport competition trips
• Knowledge of traffic laws and mandatory safety regulations for school buses and motor vehicles
• Ability to work days, nights, weekdays and weekends
• Knowledge and experience in utilizing positive behavior supports to manage the bus/van • Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders within the school community
*BONUS ELIGIBILITY FOR NEW HIRE EMPLOYEES ONLY
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
RSU 23 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Contact: Kati Glencross, HR Manager at 207-934-5751 x1925