Great Salt Bay Community School is seeking a full-time Ed Tech II for the 2019-2020 school year to provide individualized support to students in a Life Skills Program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
- Provide academic instruction and behavioral support for students on a 1-1 or small group basis, while working closely with special education teachers, related service providers, therapists, and other educational technicians.
- Monitor and document the academic, behavior and social growth of students.
- Communicate with teachers and administration on student progress.
- Supervise students in and out of classroom activities during the assigned working day.
- Model nondiscriminatory practices on all levels.
- Creates an effective learning environment.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or another appropriate administrator.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities required)
Must be eligible for, or in possession of, an appropriate ME Ed Tech II certification. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and the public.
Please send application, transcripts and 3 letters of recommendation to:
Kim Schaff, Principal
Great Salt Bay Community School
559 Main Street
Damariscotta, Maine 04543