Job Title: School Age Enrichment Coordinator
Status: F/T (Exempt)
Department: Child Care
Reports to: Director of Child Care
Starting Date: Summer 2021
Revision Date: 4/19/2021
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Under the leadership of the Director of Child Care, the School Age Enrichment Coordinator is responsible for delivering excellent programming and service to all.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become.?We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality.?We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world.?We are nurturing we support you in your journey to develop your full potential.?We are determined above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Coordinates enrichment for school aged children aged PreK-8th grade including our Thrive at the Y After School Program.
- Serves as a liaison to create programming opportunities between the Y and schools in our ten-town service area.
- Demonstrates competency and assures that staff are fully trained.
- Supports staff to lead them in best practices for supporting school aged children.
- Serves as a positive role model, demonstrates professional behavior.
- Creates program lesson plans and implements plans in a developmentally appropriate manner considering the participants social, physical, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Provides careful, attentive supervision of staff and participants and remains alert always.
- Facilitates a program environment that invites exploration, promotes positive play, and welcomes children.
- Promotes a team concept through a positive approach to supervision, communication, and interactions with others. Maintains ongoing communication with Director of Child Care
- Maintain accurate classroom records as assigned and according to program requirements.
- Communicates regularly with parents; attends parent/family events as designated by supervisor.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of YMCA mission, purpose and goals, childcare policies, and YMCA standards; ensures the program meets the highest standards of excellence.
- Maintains required evaluations, and trainings of staff mandated by the state licensing requirements such as trainings through MRTQ and safety regulations such as fire drills etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Exceptional group management, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in leading staff.
- Experience in creating interactive and educational/artistic activities, youth development, academic enrichment, and arts.
- Must possess oral, auditory, and written communication skills appropriate for interacting with both children and adults.
- Must be capable of implementing the daily administrative, program related, and supervisory responsibilities of an after-school site.
- Flexibility, with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters always.
- Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
- Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work.
- Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
- Integrates logic, intuition, and sound judgment to analyze information to identify greatest opportunities, make sound decisions, and solve problems.
- Leads self and others through change by navigating ambiguity appropriately and adapting well to new situations, obstacles, and opportunities.
- Employs influence strategies (verbal, personal and written) that engage, inspire, and build commitment to the cause and overall Y goals.
- Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides evidenced-based quality experiences.
- Participates in the generation, experimentation, and implementation of new approaches and activities that improve and expand the Y’s mission and work.
Salary commensurate with experience. Must have proof of Maine Child Care Background Check to begin employment.