Humanities English Teacher
Classroom responsibilities for this full-time school year position include teaching 9-12 English and other elective courses in the department. The faculty member will work closely with history teaching partners to offer students a complete humanities experience. Candidates must be comfortable using technology in the classroom to enhance student learning. Responsibilities include teaching six instructional courses and potentially proctoring a study hall. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills, be highly organized and collaborative, able to teach ESOL students, and possess a desire to teach at an independent residential school with a diverse student body.
Candidates may have access to on-campus housing with residential life duties.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English or related field required; a master’s degree in education or English is preferred.
- Prior high school teaching experience is required and experience with international students preferred.
- Proficiency in use of instructional technology; experience with a 1:1 program a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with students, parents, peers, and supervisors.
- Proficiency in the use of data to assess student progress and to drive instruction.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, completed MCI Job application (http://www.mci-school.org/uploaded/PDFs/job_application.pdf) and three letters of reference.
MCI offers a competitive benefits program including medical, vision and dental plans, disability, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Please email a resume and three letters of reference to Eveline M. Bailey, Dean of Academics, at: email@example.com.