EL-HEFNI EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION
QUARRYBROOK JOB DESCRIPTION
Location: Quarrybrook Outdoor Learning Center; 39 Roulston Rd., Windham, NH.
Status: Full –time, salaried (40hrs. /week)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Medical coverage, sick time and vacation time (dependent upon hours worked)
Organization Summary: The El-Hefni Educational Foundation was established in January of 2012 and oversees the Quarrybrook Experiential Education Center. Set within a rich natural habitat that provides an opportunity for both formal and informal learning, Quarrybrook is a locus of ideas, activity, enrichment, and education for teachers, students, and all our visitors. Our vision is the cultivation of a learning center known for its exceptional educational programming, student-centered approach, and teacher professional development offerings all grounded in an experiential, inquiry-based framework.
Position Description: The Educator works as part of the Education Team at Quarrybrook. Primary responsibilities include leading K-12 and college field classes that emphasize outdoor experiential learning, writing curriculum based on state and national standards, and leadership on long-term projects. Additional responsibilities include designing and leading activities for community days, actively participating in K-16 professional development opportunities, and collaborating with K-20 instructors and students to design and deliver lessons. The Educator will be expected to teach more than one 2-hour field course per day, in any season or weather, while safely managing their student group on the trails and in the classroom space.
- Earned Master’s degree in Education or related field, and eligibility for preliminary licensure in NH/MA.
- Experience working within K-16 education and with life-long learners
- Experience designing and delivering curriculum based on experiential, place based education models/ theory.
- Ability to design multi-disciplinary curriculum, including natural and physical science, history, language arts, and mathematics.
- Ability to safely manage groups on their trail experience.
- Physical ability to lead more than one two-hour field class per day throughout all seasons and weather conditions.
- Ability to perform trail maintenance and development.
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications including Word and Excel.
- Effective communication, problem solving, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Experience writing and/or delivering lessons on Physics / Engineering, particularly to Middle and High School students.
- Experience working with students of diverse backgrounds and learning abilities.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English preferred).
- Coursework or professional experience in Special Education.
- A basic knowledge of natural sciences and New England ecology.
- Experience in a collaborative teaching model.
Send a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts to Executive Director Marcy Yeager at: email@example.com
Marcy Yeager, Executive Director
Quarrybrook Experiential Education Center
39 Roulston, Rd
Windham, NH 03087
Applications will be reviewed as they are received until 5-19-17. Interviews will be scheduled by 5-31-17, and will take place on 6-12-17 through 6-16-17.
The Anticipated start date for this position is August 1, 2017.