Behavior Specialist to work district-wide K-12, in a full time, school year position.
Qualifications: Board Certification (BCBA) preferred, but will consider 079, 282, or 286. Current Maine Dept. of Education CHRC (fingerprinting) required.
We are seeking an individual with the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Master’s Degree in Education, Psychology or related field, preferred.
- Maine DOE CHRC Approval.
- Provide direct behavioral consultations and interventions for students.
- Excellent skills in crafting Positive Behavior Plans and Functional Behavioral Assessments.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with school-based behavioral interventions and planning.
- Work collaboratively with school personnel, families and outside agencies as necessary to develop and implement behavioral interventions.
- Provide professional development to district and building-level staff.
- Model teaching strategies and work with teachers in classroom settings focusing on implementation of positive behavior intervention and support strategies.
- Perform Functional Behavior Assessment and Comprehensive Evaluation with emphasis and focus on best practices to support behavioral change.
- Provide consultation services to staff.
- Attend solution-seeking meetings regarding behavioral needs/interventions, as needed
- Work collaboratively with school staff to improve behavior management systems.
- Work with the team to train staff using the current intervention system
- Participate as a member of the IEP team to identify needs, evaluate to determine goals, develop behavior intervention plans and provide direct and consultative service in the implementation of these plans and instructional methodologies
Applications can be found on our website at www.rsu20.org.
Please send your
completed application and supporting documents to:
Superintendent of Schools
6 Mortland Road
Searsport ME 04974
Call 548-6643 for further information or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org