Apply on School Spring JOB ID# 3203670
Auburn School Department
Computer Technology Support Specialist
- Apple Hardware technician Certification preferred.
- Web site development experience preferred.
- High school diploma; two year technical degree preferred.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Technology Director
JOB GOAL: To support technology use and the technical aspects of hardware and software troubleshooting and installation throughout the Auburn School Department.
- Identifies and resolves computer hardware and software problems.
- Performs preventative maintenance and updates on hardware and software, as required.
- Installs software and hardware according to established plans and protocols.
- Installs and upgrades network equipment and infrastructure.
- Runs video recording equipment for School Committee meetings.
- Implements plan to cascade hardware following appropriate protocol.
- Participates in training opportunities and professional development, and maintains Apple Hardware certification as appropriate.
- Maintains repair and inventory records, following established procedures.
- Prepares daily reports of services rendered (end of day and snapshot during day).
- Maintains district web site, adding items as directed. Assists schools with maintenance of building web sites.
- Runs video stream of School Committee meetings and other school-related public meetings as part of a rotation with other tech staff.
- Attends and participates in technology department meetings.
- Collaborates with department personnel with ongoing projects.
- Communicates and cooperates with staff.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Is punctual.
- Meets required deadlines.
- Transports equipment.
- Informs supervisor of needed repairs and services.
- Refers unresolved problems to appropriate technology staff.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes such other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Hourly rate, excellent benefit package. Maine State Retirement option (PLD), sick days, vacation days, health insurance. This is a year round position
EVALUATION: Performance on this job will be evaluated by the Technology Director.