Hilltop School is seeking a float teacher to work primarily with children 2.5 years of age through 5 years of age. May occasionally work with children 18 months-2.5 years of age. This is a full time, year round position and is benefits eligible. We offer health insurance, life insurance, a retirement plan after 2 years, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and an employee Childcare tuition discount.
- High school diploma or GED
- Child Development Credential, Associates degree in ECE or Bachelor's degree in ECE preferred but not required.
- Must be 18 years of age
- CPR/First Aid certified or willingness to obtain
- Willingness to obtain 40 hours of additional training each year
- Must pass all required background checks
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interact with all family members and visitors to the program in a warm and welcoming manner.
- Develop positive and supportive relationships with family members in order to work towards the best interest of the child(ren)
- Work collaboratively with other staff members to foster a team environment.
- Daily supervision of a classroom of children according to childcare licensing.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and the annual staff in service day.
- Sitting, standing, stooping, reaching, bending, walking, stretching, grasping, repetitive motions.
- Ability to sit on the floor and get up from a seated position.
- May be subject to sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Visual acuity to include color, depth perception, and field of vision with or without correction.
- Light lifting (up to 50 lbs. occasionally or up to 10 lbs. frequently)
- Sufficient auditory function to hear phones, pages, instrument or system alarms, and verbal commands.
- Must be able to communicate verbally with others, to include phone and radio equipment.
- Must be able to climb stairs in order to be accessible to all areas of the building.