SKCDC is an Early Head Start, Head Start and Childcare program; we are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual who loves working with the youngest generation to join our team to fill the following position in its Early Care and Education Program:
This opening is a full time - full year Monday-Friday position. The Home Visitor is responsible for planning and implementing home-based program activities in partnership with families and for facilitating parent-child interactions in a group socialization setting. Responsibilities also include supporting families to develop goals and to access community services and resources utilizing a strength-based case management model. All services must be provided and documented accurately and in compliance with federal / state standards as outlined in the Agency’s Operations Plan.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Child Development Associate (home based CDA credential or comparable credential, or equivalent coursework as part of an Associate or Bachelor degree) or Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or Human, Family or Social Services with coursework in early childhood development, or the equivalent in closely related experience required. Bachelor's Degree a plus.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Prior experience working with children (birth-5) preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to establish and maintain effective working relationships, to motivate people, to work independently, to work collaboratively with parents, to implement strength-based case management and to partner with families to provide child development services in a home-based model.
- Must possess a sincere interest in commitment and ability to the provision of quality programs for children and families.
- Knowledge in early childhood mental health theories and practices.
- Knowledge of adult learning principals and family dynamics.
- Knowledge of community resources and the ability to link families with appropriate agencies/services.
- Must have knowledge of computer applications relative to the software utilized by the Agency and a general knowledge of computer functions.
- Must possess a valid Maine driver’s license with a good driving record and must have an adequately insured vehicle, if conducting Agency business.
Accepting resumes to include letter of interest, copy of transcripts and professional letters of reference (3 preferred)
Please submit to:
337 Maine Avenue
Farmingdale, Maine 04344
582.3110 Fax 582.3112
E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.skcdc.org
SKCDC is an EEO/AA Employer