2019-2020 School Year
Hermon Middle School
Grade 6 Teacher with emphasis on Science
Candidates must possess or be eligible for Maine Department of Education Teacher certification (endorsement 020 General Elementary) and Criminal History Record Check (CHRC) certification.
- Engage students in meaningful learning experiences.
- Differentiate instruction in order to reach all learners.
- Evaluate with valid instruments and record and report student progress on a timely basis.
- Contact students and parents regarding student progress.
- Provide extra assistance to students who need additional instruction.
- Assist in supervision of students and student activities outside the academic classroom as assigned.
- Provide students with course expectations at the beginning of the year.
- Demonstrates knowledge of multiple pedagogical approaches.
Position will remain open until a qualified candidate is found.
Teacher Application (link)
Applications should be submitted to:Mr. Gary J. GonyarSuperintendent of SchoolsHermon School DepartmentP.O. Box 6360Hermon, ME 04402-6360 Telephone: (207) 848-4000 ext. 6000Fax: (207) 848-5226 EOE/AA