Maine Behavioral Health’s Center for Autism and Developmental Disorders (CADD) includes a day treatment school for children and adolescents between the ages of 5-21. Ed Techs at CADD provide academic instruction and behavioral support for students on a 1-1 basis, while working closely with special education teachers, psychiatrists, caseworkers, and therapists.
Experience in data collection, implementing behavioral plans and reward/token systems and working with individuals who have Autism are key skills that we are looking for!
Starting pay is $17.96/hr ($37,356 annual salary + based on experience), generous benefits package including tuition reimbursement, and $2,000 sign on bonus for external applicants.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Post high school study in educationally related field preferred
- Certification as an Educational Technician III from the Maine Department of Education (minimum of 90 credits in approved study)
- Certification as School-Based Behavioral Health Professional preferred (may be provided upon hire)
- 1+ year of experience working with children or youth with developmental disorders, mental health disorders, and/or behavior problems in school, hospital, or residential setting
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide education and care to student patients through the formative years (ages 5 – 20) with consideration of variable cognitive abilities, human development stages, and cultural patterns
- Willing and able to learn and appropriately apply physical restraint for the purpose of maintaining the safety of students and others