- Eligible for appropriate Maine Department of Education certification. (040)
- Minimum of three years successful experience in education.
- Successful experience in a leadership role.
REPORTS TO: Superintendent of Schools
SUPERVISES: Building Staff
An education leader promotes the success of every student by facilitating the development, articulation, implementation, and stewardship of a vision of learning that is shared and supported by all stakeholders.
- Collaboratively develop and implement a shared vision and mission.
- Collect and use data to identify goals, assess organizational effectiveness, and promote organizational learning.
- Create and implement plans to achieve goals.
- Promote continuous and sustainable improvement.
- Monitor and evaluate progress and revise plans.
An education leader promotes the success of every student by advocating, nurturing, and sustaining a school culture and instructional program conducive to student learning and staff professional growth.
- Nurture and sustain a culture of collaboration, trust, learning, and high expectations.
- Create a comprehensive, rigorous, and coherent curricular program.
- Create a personalized and motivating learning environment for students.
- Supervise instruction.
- Develop assessment and accountability systems to monitor student progress.
- Develop the instructional and leadership capacity of staff.
- Maximize time spent on quality instruction.
- Promote the use of the most effective and appropriate technologies to support teaching and learning.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of the instructional program.
An education leader promotes the success of every student by ensuring management of the organization, operation, and resources for a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment.
- Monitor and evaluate the management and operational systems.
- Obtain, allocate, align, and efficiently utilize human, fiscal, and technological resources.
- Promote and protect the welfare and safety of students and staff.
- Develop the capacity for distributed leadership.
- Ensure teacher and organizational time is focused to support quality instruction and student learning.
An education leader promotes the success of every student by collaborating with faculty and community members, responding to diverse community interests and needs, and mobilizing community resources.
- Collect and analyze data and information pertinent to the educational environment.
- Promote understanding, appreciation, and use of the community’s diverse cultural, social, and intellectual resources.
- Build and sustain positive relationships with families and caregivers.
An education leader promotes the success of every student by acting with integrity, fairness, and in an ethical manner.
- Ensure a system of accountability for every student’s academic and social success.
- Model principles of self-awareness, reflective practices, transparency, and ethical behavior.
- Safeguard the values of democracy, equity, and diversity.
- Consider and evaluate the potential moral and legal consequences of decision-making.
- Promote social justice and ensure that individual student needs inform all aspects of schooling.
An education leader promotes the success of every student by understanding, responding to, and influencing the political, social, economic, legal, and cultural context.
- Advocate for children, families, and caregivers.
- Act to influence local, district, state, and national decisions affecting student learning.
- Access, analyze, and anticipate emerging trends and initiatives in order to adapt leadership strategies.
Other job-related duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the most recent Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the School Committee’s policy on Evaluation of Administrative Personnel. NOTE: The above job description reflects the general requirements necessary to describe the principal functions or responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, either at present or in the future.