Regional School Unit #13
Special Education Teacher - Self-Contained Behavior Program
RSU 13’s Special Education Department is excited to advertise for the position of a grades 6-8 special education teacher for a self-contained behavior program at Oceanside Middle School. We are seeking a dynamic, creative special educator to lead this important program and establish structures that will enhance student accountability and foster student success. A successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills, a willingness to seek nontraditional solutions to issues as they arise, an ability to build positive relationships with students, and a willingness to collaborate with parents, special educators, regular educators, service providers, and administrators as appropriate.
- Maine Department of Education Certification (282 Endorsement)
- Maine Criminal History Records Check
- Candidate will be able to:
- Demonstrate the competence and flexibility necessary to create and implement academic and functional skills programming for students with cognitive, emotional, and behavioral needs.
- Create and implement behavior plans.
- Collect, and report on, academic and functional data.
- Complete required state special education paperwork associated with the provision of special education services in collaboration with the program case manager.
- Supervise, and collaborate with, educational technicians.
- Collaborate with fellow special educators in the area of program development and implementation.
Applicants for this position must have the appropriate education, background, and experience, and have/be eligible for Maine Department of Education certification (#282 endorsement). Maine Criminal History Records Check required.
Please submit an Application for Teaching Positon (available on www.rsu13.org under Central Office, Employment or by calling 207-596-2002), along with the applicable documents to RSU #13, Attn: Human Resources, 28 Lincoln Street, Rockland, ME 04841, or fax to 207-596-2004, or email to email@example.com