Interested in job training? An opportunity to get into a leadership role? Free membership? 50% off programming including camp and childcare? Advancement opportunities?
Looking for a job where you can have fun AND make a difference in your community?
The YMCA of Southern Maine is a charitable community organization committed to building strong communities through programs and services for all. We value diversity and inclusion, and actively work to create a safe, welcoming place for our neighbors.
Cost shared premium with Health, Dental. Employer-paid Short & Long Term Disability and Life insurance, when eligible 7% employer contribution toward Retirement plan, Free Individual or Family YMCA membership, casual work environment with a culture focused on relationship building and our mission. Generous Paid Time Off Policy granted Immediately upon hire: 224 hours of PTO (prorated based on hire date), 5 days of Floating Holiday and 6 paid Holidays.
Partnering and under the direction of the Youth Development Director or Branch Executive the Youth Development Coordinator will be responsible for assuring compliance with the day to day operations of all assigned Youth programs at their branch. This will include a combination, but not all of the following programs area to meet the branch’s specific needs: Prime Time, Summer/Vacation Day Camps, School Age Childcare, Early Learning Readiness Programs, Youth Enrichment & Sports Classes, etc. This includes scheduling, program development, oversight of frontline program; as well as maintaining state, HEPA and applicable accreditation standards and staff.
Partnering with the Youth Development Director or Branch Executive:
1. Plan, develop,implement, and maintain assigned Youth Programs that includes:
- Responsibility for the health and safety of each participant.
- Maintaining records and statistics dealing with each program.
- Enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures.
- Be in compliance with YMCA, HEPA, Health Department and applicable Accreditation Standards.
2. Provide direct supervision to assigned staff and volunteers including:
- Interviewing, hiring, terminating and training employees.
- Planning, assigning and directing work.
- Conducting 90 Day and Annual Performance evaluations.
- Approving timecards and time off.
- Rewarding and holding employees accountable.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
3. Oversee the coordination of Y activities and special events as assigned by the Youth Development Director or Branch Executive.
4. Support Youth Development staff as needed including but not limited to program coverage and assuming the role and responsibility of the lead staff person. (but not spending more than 50% of their time on direct service)
5. Assist in developing and be responsible for budget results and adhering to YMCA of Southern Maine policy regarding fiscal compliance.
6. Facilitate and review assigned HEPA, Health Department and applicable Accreditation Standards.
7. Communicate effectively in a timely manner with support services, Branch Executive and other Program Coordinators to facilitate activities.
8. Adheres to all Y Brand guidelines and receives prior approval for use and creation of any Y related social media from the Advancement department.
9. Work with branch leadership to raise money for the Y’s programs and financial assistance through the Y’s annual campaign (the Y’s annual fundraising campaign) by identifying prospects and making personal asks.
10. Learn and actively utilize ADP Employee Portal on a consistent basis.
11.Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Recreation or related field is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a leadership role within a youth setting.
- CPR and First Aid Certification (within 3 months of hire).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively communicate in person and on the phone with all levels of employees, members, parents, children and school personnel.
- Effective interpersonal skills, with a customer service focus.
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational and decision making skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle and the ability to travel locally.