Receptionist/Assistant to the Director of Business Services
Year Round Position
40 Hours Per Week
$26.56 Per Hour
The Yarmouth School Department is consistently recognized among the highest performing in Maine, with two National Blue Ribbon School awards since 2018. Continually striving to improve, we are eager to add more innovative, dynamic, and motivated employees to our district. We encourage inquiries from candidates who will contribute to the diversity of our district, including its cultural and ethnic diversity.
Application Deadline: The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
TITLE: Administrative Assistant to the Director of Business Services, Assistant Bookkeeper
and Central Office Receptionist
- Associate’s Degree (extensive experience may supplement for educational credential).
- Extensive computer and word processing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to problem solve .
- Must maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information as required by law.
- Must possess strong organizational skills as well as the ability to handle multiple projects professionally.
- Must be team oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
REPORTS TO: Director of Business Services
- To provide administrative assistant support by promoting effective communication to build a positive image for the school department.
- Prepare/type memos, documents and special projects as requested.
- Process purchase orders and maintain records of all budget accounts and assist in budget preparation as requested.
- Prepare budget binders.
- Manage spreadsheet of support staff fingerprinting.
- Manage all aspects of hiring substitutes in the district (paperwork, Frontline, fingerprinting, reasonable assurance) and maintain spreadsheet of information.
- Manage personnel files.
- Order office supplies for Central Office.
- Maintains 100% confidentiality at all times.
- Answer phone, screen calls and take messages.
- Greet visitors and directs to appropriate area.
- Distributes invoices to schools.
- Process requisitions as needed.
- Add new vendors in Munis.
- Maintain invoices/checks for 6 years, then shreds.
- Resolves billing issues with vendors.
- Sort payroll check stubs and distribute to schools (holding through summer months).
- Sort daily mail delivery.
- Process student accident claims and reports to Risk Management Services.
- Report school department vehicle accidents to MMA.
- Organize bus driver drug testing and physicals.
- Prepare a monthly field trip report for transportation.
- Prepare and distribute reasonable assurance forms to 10 month staff.
- Maintain summer schedule for custodians and maintenance.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Director of Business Services.
EVALUATION: Director of Business Services