To Apply: www.lewistonpublicschools.org
- Cover Letter
- 3 Letters of recommendation
- Gaps in employment
Internal Candidates, please submit a resume and letter of interest
Salary: $16.06 - $21.31
SUMMARY: Library Assistants handle the day-to-day duties of the library-media center. Library Assistants assist teachers and students needing to use the materials provided in the library-media center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Circulate books and materials to students and staff.
- Manage the patron data base.
- Reshelf all materials in correct alphabetical and Dewey order.
- Assist students and staff to locate library-media materials.
- Read and share literature with all grade levels.
- Present prepared library curriculum.
- Send out and follow up on all overdue notices to students and staff.
- Process the arrival of new books and materials in a timely manner.
- Notify students and staff of new materials.
- Keep the library-media center clean, organized and attractive.
- Make minor book repairs.
- Enjoy working with students and staff.
Supervises and trains parent volunteers. Assist teacher in supervising students.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Three years post secondary education or 90 credit hours of approved study in a related area.