SKCDC is an Early Head Start, Head Start, Childcare program and are looking for enthusiastic and energetic individuals who love working with the youngest generation to join our team to fill the following position in its Early Care and Education Program:
Early Head Start Teacher
We are looking to fill a full year/full time, Monday-Friday, Early Head Start Teacher positions who will be working with children ages 6 weeks to 3 years in the Augusta area. The Early Head Start Teacher is responsible for planning, implementing, and documenting an effective, comprehensive child development program and developing and maintaining partnerships with families. All services must be provided and documented accurately, in compliance with Federal and State Standards and as outlined in the Agency’s Operations Plan.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Prior experience teaching children ages birth - 5 required.
- Experience in Human Services preferred.
- Must be reliable and conscientious.
- Must have an interest in working with young children in a supportive and meaningful manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to effectively work with parents.
- Must have knowledge of computer applications relative to the software utilized by the Agency and a general knowledge of computer functions.
- Possess sincere interest in commitment and ability to the provision of quality programs for children and families.
- Must possess a valid Maine driver’s license with a good driving record and must have an adequately insured vehicle, if conducting Agency business.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Infant/Toddler CDA, Infant/Toddler Credential or comparable credential and have been trained or have equivalent coursework in early childhood development with a focus on infant and toddler development.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood preferred.
Accepting resumes to include letter of interest, transcripts and professional letters of reference (3 preferred).
Please submit to:
337 Maine Avenue
Farmingdale, Maine 04344
582.3110 Fax 582.3112
E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.skcdc.org
SKCDC is an EEO/AA Employer